Indiana Fishing License offers a variety of fishing opportunities from streams, lakes, rivers, ponds and ponds. To name just a few, there are giant Chinook salmon in Lake Michigan and steelheads at St. Joseph River. There are also walleyes in Brookville Lake and largemouth bass at Patoka Lake. Except for a free fishing day you must have an Indiana fishing license. State fishing license fees do not go unpaid. They are used for the management, protection and preservation of Indiana’s fish population.
You can easily purchase a fishing licence online at the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. It takes just a few clicks and is available 24/7. If you prefer to purchase a fishing licence in person, you can visit the country clerk office, or any authorized retailer, during office hours.
IN Fishing License Fees and Information
Purchase your Indiana fishing license online
The likelihood of our water bodies becoming depleted if the government hasn’t been involved in the development of rules and regulations for fishing would be much higher if they didn’t. These regulations and rules are in place to ensure that fish populations remain healthy and increase in numbers so that future generations can enjoy fishing. There are also specific rules that apply to particular species and waterways, in addition to statewide regulations. There are also regulations regarding size and bag limits.
Indiana Fishing Regulations
Fishing is a popular pastime. Over the years, fishing has become a popular pastime. Fishing regulations would not have been necessary if there were no regulations. This would have led to a pressure on the many fish species in Indiana and their habitats. State biologists and fisheries managers create programs to protect habitats and stock fish in an effort to maintain healthy fisheries.
How do I get an Indiana fishing license?
There are four ways to buy an Indiana fishing licence.
- Click the big green button to purchase a license
- Next, click on “Start Shopping” beneath the heading “Licenses to Hunting, Trapping, and Fishing.”
- Tap on the button licenses to the left. You’ll be asked to sign up or log in.
- The user must provide their personal information, such as name, email address, and password.
You’ll then be asked a series questions to help you choose the right license.
In-Person: Find a local retailer/agent. Fishing.IN.gov allows you to enter your zip code and find a local location. Click on “Find a licensed license vendor near me” to go there. This office is located at Indiana Government Center South, 402 W Washington St. Room 160, Indianapolis IN 46204.
Mail: They accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery of your fishing licence. To ensure accurate processing, please include the following information in the envelope:
- Name, date of naissance, Indiana driver’s licence number, and social security number
- Phone number, complete address, city, state and ZIP code
- Height, weight, sex and the color of your hair and eyes
Please indicate the exact dates and licenses that you require for one-day or multi-day licenses.
Send an email to:
Mastercard, Visa and Discover are accepted forms of payment for debit and credit cards. To support maintenance updates, an additional $1 is charged per licensee for online transactions. Each credit card company transaction fee incurs an additional $1.99.
Indiana Resident Licenses can only be purchased by individuals who have lived in Indiana for at least 60 consecutive days. All licenses cannot be transferred or refunded.
What to do after purchase:
Individuals fishing must have a signed license or an electronic copy. Upon request by the Department of Natural Resources officer, or any other law enforcement officer, you must present or show your fishing permit or license.
Any conviction of violating fish and wildlife laws or non-compliance with conditions of the license issued by the Department of Natural Resources may result in a license being revoked.
Types and costs of Indiana Fishing License
Are you looking for an Indiana fishing license?
To fish in Indiana’s public lakes, streams, rivers, or tributaries, you will need a valid fishing permit issued by the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. Only a printed permit can be valid if it is signed in ink, or must have an electronic version. You will need it for fishing.
You must be a resident of the state for at least 60 consecutive days and have no existing fishing license from another state to claim the residency fishing licence. If a license holder is found guilty of violating fish or wildlife regulations, a fishing license can be revoked. The equipment used in violation of Indiana fish-and-wildlife laws could also be taken for evidence and confiscated upon conviction.
Who is exempted from a fishing licence?
Please take the time to read this article and find out if you or your travel companion are on the exempt list.
Individuals who were born after April 1, 1943 must be Indiana residents. In case you need ID verification or your driver’s licence, be sure to bring it.
Residents and non-residents both under 18 years of age
- Legally blind residents. It is not necessary to prove that you are legally blind.
- Individuals who live in an Indiana state-owned mental rehab facility.
- Indiana residents who are licensed by a health care facility can take part in a supervised fishing event sponsored by the facility.
- Residents who have permission from the owner of the property or are the owner of a private lake. Fish cannot enter or exit the pond from public waters.
- Residents who are currently on active duty, but on approved military leave. You must have leave orders and a valid driver’s license or voter card.
- Indiana farmland owners or lessors.
- Fantastic Fishing Kit – This kids fishing kit comes with a telescopic fishing rod, spinning reel, fishing line, fishing tackle, travel bag, necessary fishing gears which have everything you need to get started.
- Perfect Size for Kids – Open Length:1.5M 61Inch 4.92Ft, They are made specifically for small hands, soft and lightweight,easy and safe for children aged 3-10 to assemble and use.
- Premium Material – Telescopic fishing rod is made of stunning fiberglass which looks great and resists wear and tear with regular use. EVA handle is comfortable to hold.
- Grow up in Fishing – Going fishing was to build patience, discipline, and concentration! Fishing not only improves mental and physical well-being , but also helps create fun and happy memories with family.
- Surprising Gift – Both with your child by fishing, an ideal gift choice for birthday and Children’s Day. (Due to different production batches, some details may have different colors.)
- 【One-Stop Buy】Full set include necessary accessories for fishing 1 Fishing Rod + 1 Fishing Reel + Fishing Line (328 FT/ 100M)+ Both Soft& Hard Lures + Fishing Hooks + Some Necessary Accessories + Carrier Bag. Just go fishing with this fishing pole set
- 【Travel Rod Combo】 High density carbon fiber material makes the fishing rod hard and durable, telescopic design for conveniently carrying around. Rod case size TELESCOPIC ROD POLE: High density carbon fiber material makes the fishing rod hard and durable, telescopic design for conveniently carrying around. Rod Case size:16.5 x 7.9 x 2 inches; 2.2 Pounds. You can take it on cars and planes
- 【Strong Spinning Reel】 Durable metal spool, comfortable wooden folding handle and left and right interchangeable. High-tensile graphite body with instant anti-reverse system
- 【Full Fishing Accessories】 High tenacity and colorfast PE braided 100M fishing line provides stronger pulling force than normal thread. Various line connectors, lures and hooks included, meet all your need in fishing. Save the trouble of buying other accessories
- 【Best Fishing Gifts】Are you looking for fishing gear and equipments for your friends? This is the perfect fishing gear gift for men, father, son, husband, fiance, boyfriend. No anglers would reject this perfect gift, because that’s what most fishermen dream of
- 🐟 Our fishing tackle set features vivid fishing lures,sharp hooks and various fishing tackle,which makes it the powerful fishing catching seduction.
- 🐟 The detailed patterns and life-like colors simulate bait fish and steel ball bearing rattles offer an aggressive presentation that will give you the advantage.
- 🐟 Our Fishing Lure Set is one of the most awesome fishing lure Kit to ever hit the market.For anyone who loves catching Trout Bass Salmon,this lure kit is hard to miss.
- 🐟Our freshwater fishing lures tackle box set literally has everything you need in this set. So much that it’s all cramp into the little tackle box that came with it. By the way our lure kit is suitable for both experienced and starter fishermen,kids and adults.
- 🐟 Package Contents:1 x Fishing Lures Set With A Free Tackle Box-180pcs,1 x Stainless Steel Multi-tool Survival and 1 x Mini Flashlight